Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's likely they're, just jealous and jaded.

"Ultimately"

You know I'd kill for the chance to talk with you
that's kinda funny cause I think that I'd have first dibs by now
and you're out, sitting in the dark, holding his hand once again

You can tell me
nothing ever happened
I'll believe it
until I have a reason
but something is missing
and I'm not sure if it's with you
but I'm not sure if it's not you

So, give me a night
just me and my friends
lemme talk to the one I
always have confided in
maybe she'll give me the female view
maybe she'll tell me to leave you
maybe she'll tell me leaving's a mistake
but ultimately
the choice is mine to make

There's a funny feeling
been inside me for way too long
I try to tell you bout it
but you always say it's been too long
since we've, just fooled around
just messed around
and we end up in the backseat
and everytime I try to speak

you just press your lips right up against mine
whisper you'll love me till you die
and those are words I've believed and I'll continue to
but I don't think you understand
there's something more missing
and I can't find happiness with you
and maybe my best friend will
agree with me
or maybe he'll tell me that I'm
just bein a pussy
or maybe he'll say that he
doesn't have a clue
but ultimately
I decide what to do with you

Yeah just give me a night
just me and my friends
shouldn't be too hard
seeing how you're always with him
traveling away and far
and if I tried to talk to you
if I got a single word through
you'd break down and cry
and tell me
you'd never lie
but I don't think you're understanding
it's not the fact you're on dates with him
and I don't care if y'all keep texting
'cause ultimately
the choice is mine to make

No comments: