Friday, June 13, 2008

If I start a commotion, I run the risk of losing you, and that's worse.



"Too Late For Could'ves"

You could call me
on another day
when you weren't so busy
you could call me
on another phone
that was maybe working

You could, you could
but you won't
in a typical fashion
in a typical fashion

You could,
possibly try to listen
or you, you could
own up to your actions

But you won't
no you won't
God forbid you owned up to what you did
you won't
no you don't
God forbid you owned up to what you did

It's odd how
strangers and
acquaintances
flow better with
me
than we do lately

But the time
has come
and I'm taking up the blame
and I'm doing
something about it
maybe you should do the same

The time
has come
I'm claiming the end is upon us
you should accept this fact
as gospel 'cause

You could
do anything
to fix this up, to patch us up
but you won't
in a typical fashion
that I've grown accustomed to
coming from you

You could
you could
but you won't
God forbid
you could
you could
but you won't
God forbid

No comments: