Friday, June 13, 2008
Do you like dreaming of things, so impossible?
"Island"
You're still in
formal education
and you're still
formerly mine
it's a fact I used to
regret making that choice
but now I rejoice
best choice I ever made
was to board that plane
Blue skies and long nights
and new romances
and best friends
inside jokes and songs I wrote
playing them for
my best friends
you've gotta love it
I can be an island when it comes to you
but that doesn't mean I'm alone
Running down the runway
trying to catch my plane, was that you
oh no, you never cared that much about me
see, all parts of you have slipped my memory
15 minutes late
but not punished yet
that's all you are to me
your 15 minutes are up and
Sunshine and
cold drinks and fast times
happiness is my only emotion
creating new memories
with my best friends
you've gotta love
when everyday's a weekend
I can be an island when it comes to you
but that doesn't mean I'm alone
"You'll regret this all!"
you yelled as I took off
"You're worth nothing!"
you yelled as I began to sing
A new song
of hope and dreams and
future memories
Said write a song for you
to get all my emotions out
but when push comes to shove
there's nothing for me to write about
Blue skies and long nights
and new romances
and best friends
inside jokes and songs I wrote
playing them for
my best friends
you've gotta love it
I can be an island when it comes to you
but that doesn't mean I'm alone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment