I wrote this for you.
"Give and Take"
You stood on top of that mountain
and I stood down in the valley
I was shrouded in shadows
but you were up by the sunshine
And you rescued me
in the darkest heart of night
I'll never be able to repay you for that
but you say "that's okay"
I guess we've learned that our
friendship is a
give and take sort of thing
you're the best I could hope for
and I hope you feel the same
our friendship is a
give and take sort of thing
you give me advice and I
take it, or at least I'm supposed to
You're incapable of tears
you share
all of my fears
you're the only one who
really knows
keep your enemies close
but keep your best friend closer
A simple hello
in a class that I hate
completely opposite
but completely the same
you're a master of the paintbrush
and me of the pen
you're a etch-a-sketching fool
and me, I'm just a fool of a man
our friendship is a
give and take sort of thing
you're the best I could hope for
and I hope you feel the same
our friendship is a
give and take sort of thing
you give me advice and I
take it, or at least I'm supposed to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment