I've got a knot in the back of my throat
in the front right pocket there is a note
the two are connected baby
the two are connected baby
I'd say it to your face if I
if I only could
but something is stopping me
something is preventing me and I've
been meaning to get this note to you for one month
but my arms never work quite right
Good luck, good luck, good luck and good
night, good night
that was your favorite movie and you took it as
your way of saying goodbye
well honey this time I think I
really deeply truly mean it
good luck and good night
this is a whole hearted goodbye
Where I went wrong before was I
stole one last good night kiss
if I hadn't done that then I'd be
living in bliss
I wouldn't trapped beneath your
stronghold
I wouldn't be suffocating
I wouldn't be fighting to let you go
I'm climbing up the tree
to take shelter with my best friend
I see you below throwing rocks and now
you're armed with a cannon
loose lips sink ships and you're
working on being an iceberg
spitting words and lies at me
I make it in the window with her
she helps me, slam it down
she helps me, slam the window down
Good luck, good luck, good luck
and good night, it's a good night
that was your favorite movie
and now I'm using it to say goodbye
it's the final sign off, it's the final sing along
so come on baby take your loose lips and
belt it out with me now
Good luck, good luck, good luck and good night
always a fan of George
and believe me he had it right
good luck, good luck, good luck and good night
I'm not throwing in the towel
because I've won this final fight
No comments:
Post a Comment