Saturday, May 24, 2008

Illusion never changed into something real...


"Trapped in the Zone"

She would tell jokes
and I would laugh along
and she'd complain about a boy
and I'd help her out

I guess it's inevitable
I guess it just happens
I fell for that girl
that fell from the heavens

And I'd give everything
to make her smile
and to know that that smile was all mine

And here I am trapped
trapped in the zone
I've been here so long
that this place feels like home

She said I'm a great writer
and that I only get better with age
She said she hopes that our
friendship never fades

And that, friendship
is what gets in my way
sadly it's a common tale
it happens everyday

And I'd give everything
to make her smile
and to know that that smile was all mine

And here I am trapped
trapped in the zone
I've been here so long
that this place feels like home

Yeah, I'm trapped in the zone
yeah, yeah
I'm her comfort zone
Yeah, yeah
I'm trapped in the zone
Yeah, yeah
she said I make her feel at home

and I've accomplished my goal of that smile
but I know, that smile is not mine
And I've achieved
happiness at last
with an underlying emotion
only described as sad

No comments: