About a great friend of mine.
"Back Up to You"
The best of times, the worst of times
times always seem better with you
I'm always here, we said to each other
"I will always help you"
But when the time came...
Let me down, yeah you let me down easy
Cliche and at the same time, uniquely you
Let me down, yeah you let me down easy
Now it's time, for me to get
back up to you
A happy upbeat tune
the background to our conversation
Tears falling, all around
I think it's just a tad bit exaggerated
When I said you needed a change
I didn't mean something that big
She said
When I said you needed a change
I didn't mean something that big
Let me down, yeah you let me down easy
a smile on your face as you broke my heart
Let me down, yeah you let me down easy
Now it's time, for me to get
Back up to you
Telling jokes and sharing all of our feelings
This is what a friendship is
My words are all old
yet you don't seem to mind
The best compliment a guy could ever get
You never, you never let me down
and I hope I do the same for you
I said, you never let me down
and I hope I do the same for you
And when I do, and when I do,
I hope you sing this tune
Let me down, yeah you let me down easy
an accident that you're trying to make up for
Let me down, yeah you let me down easy
Now it's time, for me to get
back up to you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment