Friday, April 11, 2008

You say, I only hear what I want to.

Here's something I wrote in class today. Just a little thing, for inclusion in a possible story of mine, and it also shows off my writing pretty well, I think.

I'm not sure why. It really just works really well I feel and displays what's in my head right now perfectly. I really hope it gets a good response. I also am starving for a title for this one. It feels incomplete without one. Suggestions?

Magic used to fascinate me
Now I'm into simpler things
Like the thought process of the human brain
and the government or insanity
She's in a better place
It's what they say
For the state of our world's in a disarray

Capture the sun and keep it in you
Release that fear of what is untrue

Deceit me, who do you always give me
False hope, I can not take
Much more, don't know what I'm
Striving for

Problems surround us but the sky is still blue
Can't stand our shortcomings but I'd love to stand with you
Happy with just coffee looking eye to eye with you
I don't know how you do it but worries disappear with you

Rip out our insecurities and toss them away
My whole world is crashing down
We don't need it anyway

You've changed my point of view...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive already read this and complimented, but i think you marked out a lot of good lines on the original.
just take that into consideration.

i love you.

you know who this is.

Anonymous said...

this was amazing.
:]


keep writing.