Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You are slipping through my fingers and into the airwaves...

This is a little something I've cooked up in the midst of writing my film script, failing trigonometry, and ruining friendships.


"Ellipses"

I know ellipses are my best tool
my best friend, they're my golden rule
but I can't use them in the real world

Your ears were small
and my heart was big
unfortunately, so was my mouth
and you see what that lead to

I began to say your name
with a capital letter
then I upset you, then I made you better
and now I don't say your name at all

Ellipses are my closest friend
I use them the most
it's a shame, you can't use them
when you need them the most

Can't let this hang here
without a series finale
Can't let you go away
without a series finale

Ending a friendship
isn't exactly the hardest thing I've ever
had to do
it's just so hard when I'm ending it with you

Tacking on those three little dots
I've grown, to love so much
onto the end of our rushed statements
Got my thoughts out, you got your feelings out
as we end we both give it a shout
we can't let it hang like this

Ellipses aren't the best solution
can't edit what I've said like a piece of my writing
Ellipses aren't the best solution
this ain't no season, no cliffhanger will do
we need a series finale
I can't use no ellipses with you


No comments: