I was writing the other day, and I wrote a pop song. An interesting pop song relating to my life, but my gosh. A pop song! Cliche and everything!
This is not that pop song. This is completely different. That song will probably never see the light of day.
"Regrets"
Making promises that we all know
we couldn't keep
Winking like we knew a bigger secret
actin' like all our thoughts were deep
Lookin' back now I see that it was all wrong
Lookin' back now I wonder where the years have gone
Oh, I don't know why
But I've changed so much
and I don't know why
but I feel like I've lost touch
With myself, and my friends
did the means justify the ends?
I've lost, and I've won
but I hate that I've the wisdom to see that I was wrong
Oh, the bottle is empty now
and just like our old fairy tales
well, I'll toss it out
Borrowing money, borrowing time
You know it won't last forever
Borrowing money on borrowed time
Oh, dear Lord, when will they get it together
With yourselves, and with your friends
did the means, justify the ends?
You've lost, so much more than you've won
and though you got it, you don't use your wisdom
Oh, oh, won't always be someone to save you
Oh, oh, won't always be someone to save you
Borrowing all of your money
Living on borrowed time
Gotta make it, make it better
Cause man I gotta tell ya,
my respect for you is dyin'
Lookin' back now, I think I've lost touch
worked so hard, lost so much
Lost myself, feel like I'm losing all my friends
This house is not a home
It's not a place to live in
And, tell me now, when we reach the end
will we all have worked it out?
And, tell me now, when we reach the end
will we all have worked it out?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment