Thursday, April 24, 2008

I just hope you know, you're my favorite thing, about the west coast.

I'm not sure who this is about. Just fiddling with the idea of writing a standard "Out West Sucks" type of song, heh.

"Let You Down"

She said
"Sit down, I've gotta tell you some big news
I'm moving away, to Cali, where all the skies are blue"
I replied with "That's swell
I hope the new life finds you well"
Not to sound, too cliche, but this news makes me blue

Oh don't go away
until we have our chance
Oh don't go away
until we have our chance

Tennessee's got nothing left for me right now
cause you were only ten I saw
and now you've let me down
I got a postcard from you
saying the new life treats you well
but it was watermarked with tears
and you told me to visit soon

Oh you went away
but I take this postcard as a SOS
Oh you went away
but I take this postcard as a SOS

I'm on my way to save the day
I'm gonna be the hero now
Pack up all of my belongings
take them in a car
and head out west

West, to rescue you
from what you
are afraid to become
you had such big big plans
it's a shame
they let you down

I'll never let you down
I'll never let you down
I'll never let you down...

On the way back home,
to Tennessee
we listened to the radio
Third Eye Blind and Journey
you're the only ten I see,
the only one that's a ten for me
so rest your head upon my shoulder
you can try again when you get older

No comments: